Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Pieces

With another load of beams in hand, things are rolling now. I picked up the beams last weekend, and immediately put anchorseal on all the ends to hopefully minimize cracking. The plan is to build the rest of the first floor, less the floor joists by the end of June. I think if I really bust my ass, I can get it done, but we will see.














I'm fairly well prepared- all of the knee braces are built, and should be exactly the same to make installation easier.














My plan this time around is to mass produce all of the same parts at once, and then assemble it. This should make things go faster, and will probably lead to fewer mistakes. As of this weekend, I am working on posts, and have almost 4 of the remaining 6 done.














We also got the final rafter up on the completed bent. It will need some adjustment for the final installation, but all in all, I think it looks pretty good.

1 comment:

Troy Ault said...

Hey Topp- I've been following the blog and it looks pretty cool. I'm staying in the Burlington area for at least another year, so if you ever need another set of arms to help lift a beam or something...gimme a call.

-802-558-6628